Lighting & Controls for
What Makes Lighting for Office Buildings Unique?
Lighting & Controls for Office Buildings are unique because they serves a variety of purposes specific to the commercial environment. Here are a few factors that make commercial real estate lighting different from other types of lighting:
- Functionality: The lighting & controls for office buildings are designed to serve a specific purpose. For example, in office spaces, workers need lighting to be bright enough to ensure they can see what they are doing. At the same time, they need it to be adjustable to meet individual needs. In retail spaces, we use lighting to highlight products and create an inviting atmosphere.
- Energy Efficiency: In order to lower operating costs, office lighting needs to be energy-efficient. This is why we carefully select fixtures to ensure they use the minimum energy for the desired lighting levels.
- Aesthetics: In commercial real estate, designers often use lighting as a design element. This is meant to create a specific ambiance or highlight architectural features. Ultimately, this means that the design and placement of lighting fixtures are critical to achieving the desired effect.
- Maintenance: Maintenance can be challenging in Commercial real estate lighting systems. Lighting fixtures also need to be durable and long-lasting to minimize the need for replacements and repairs.
- Safety: Finally, commercial real estate lighting needs to be designed with safety in mind. This means that we need to place lighting fixtures to avoid creating glare or shadows that can cause accidents. Additionally, lighting needs to be installed to make sure that emergency exits and escape routes are clearly marked and visible.
Overall, commercial real estate lighting needs to be functional, energy-efficient, pleasing to the eye, and safe. By carefully selecting and designing lighting systems, we create a space that is both inviting and practical for tenants and visitors.
What are the Benefits?
LED lighting and controls are popular in commercial real estate due to several benefits, including:
- Energy Efficiency: LED lighting is energy-efficient and it uses much less power than traditional lighting systems. You can get even greater energy savings by combining LED lighting with advanced controls. This combination allows us to tailor your lighting for specific tasks and usage patterns. As a result, you’ll see significant cost savings on your energy bills.
- Longevity: LED lighting has a longer lifespan compared to traditional lighting systems. The longer lifespan cuts maintenance costs and the need to frequently replace bulbs. Since LED lighting can last up to 100,000 hours or more, you’ll get many years of usage before you’ll need to have them replaced.
- Improved Lighting Quality: You’ll get a higher quality light from LED’s. This high-quality not only improves visibility, it makes it ideal for commercial spaces that require bright, clear lighting. Additionally, advanced lighting controls can be used to create a more comfortable and productive working environment. Examples of advanced lighting controls are dimming and color temperature adjustments.
- Aesthetics: LED lighting can be designed in a variety of styles and colors. This versatility allows a greater degree of customization to meet the design goals of the commercial space.
- Smart Controls: Advanced lighting controls can be used to automate lighting. This automation allows us to adjust it based on occupancy, daylight levels, and time of day. This can then lead to further energy savings and improved comfort for tenants and visitors.
- Environmental Benefits: The environmentally friendly LED Lighting produces less heat and carbon emissions than traditional lighting systems. This can help to reduce a building’s carbon footprint and contribute to environmental goals.