LiFi (Light Fidelity)
What are the Benefits of LiFi?
LiFi, which stands for Light Fidelity, is a wireless communication technology that uses light to transmit data. There are several benefits to LiFi technology, including:
Higher Bandwidth: LiFi technology has the potential to offer higher bandwidth than traditional Wi-Fi, which could result in faster data transfer speeds.
- Increased Security: Since light cannot pass through walls, LiFi signals are contained within a single room. This makes it more difficult for hackers to intercept the signal, increasing security.
- No Interference: LiFi signals do not interfere with other wireless signals, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cellular signals. This makes it a reliable technology for use in crowded environments.
- Energy-efficient: LiFi technology is more energy-efficient than traditional Wi-Fi. This is because it does not require the use of radio frequency (RF) signals.
- Reduced Electromagnetic Radiation: Unlike Wi-Fi, LiFi does not emit electromagnetic radiation, making it safer for human exposure.
- Increased Reliability: LiFi signals are not affected by water. This makes it a reliable technology for use in environments where Wi-Fi signals may be disrupted, such as in a bathroom or near water.
- Cost-effective: LiFi technology is less expensive to implement than traditional Wi-Fi,. This is because it does not require the use of expensive RF components.
Get high speed secure internet through your lights. LiFi is highly suited for use by banks, schools, government, healthcare, hospitality and industry; anywhere where wireless connectivity is poor, unavailable or restricted.
As you can see in the video above, simply put, the idea behind LiFi is that light bulbs can provide data to devices. Just like radio frequencies, light has a spectrum and using that spectrum to deliver data means LiFi works whether the light is switched on, visible, or not.